Yesterday, we found out a 9 year old girl was playing in her front yard and was shot and killed. This happened only a few minutes away from where we're staying.
When I was told this yesterday, I couldn't take a breath for a few seconds. And my heart immediately hurt.
I am so thankful that God is breaking my heart for what breaks His heart. But.... I don't know what to do with the ache. And my heart just wants to comfort that hurting family right now!!
And it deeply saddens and angers me that this type of occurrence is simply commonplace! We get more upset when a celebrity dies, than we do when a 9 year old precious girl gets shot and killed out of nowhere playing in her front yard! One of the few places she should feel safe!! My heart aches at this injustice!!
Please pray for this precious girl, that she knew Christ as her personal Savior before she died. Please pray for her family as they are probably feeling a spectrum of emotions right now. And (selfishly) please pray for my heart, because I am both deeply saddened and angered about this! And I want to do something, but don't know what to do!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment