So.... the first day and a half in Chi-town.... how would I describe it???
Well... total reliance on God comes to mind!! Realizing just what a HUGE step out of my comfort zone this really is!! Also, totally hearing God telling me, "Steph, you had a little too much confidence in yourself - YOU getting yourself through this. It's not YOU doing it, any of it! It's me!!" Boy, did I lose sight of that!! And wow, what a overwhelming relief that reminder was!!
My first night here was rough! I struggled, big time!! The thought definitely went through my mind, how can I get out of this! How can I go home, NOW!! What have I gotten myself into!
But... God totally filled me with His peace. Reassuring me that I AM suppose to be in Chicago; however, He never said it was going to be easy or comfortable!! That's for sure!!
It's hard walking into an experience like this when you are the only one who doesn't already know someone on the project with you. Again, these situations make you rely on your Heavenly Father even more!! But, I've got to say, I would love it if He could come down here physically and give me a BIG hug!! My prayer has just been that He "hugs" me in mighty ways throughout my first few days here, reminding me I am not alone!!
And of course as many of you know... I struggle with feelings of inadequacy. And Satan has definitely played into those insecurities in BIG ways!! Our team, during our prayer time this morning, definitely recognized the fact that we are under spiritual warfare right now! One of our staff got really sick last night! Another is anxiety-ridden over some medical test results she will be receiving on Monday! I am being attacked emotionally and mentally! And we're all pretty tired! We just took some time this morning to bring it all before God and pray against the attacks of the enemy!! Praying for physical, mental/emotional, and spiritual health!!
But what is exciting is... because Satan is attacking so heavily, I recognize that God is going to do big things this summer and Satan doesn't want that to happen!! So, thankful we recognized it as spiritual warfare and took time to fight that with prayer as a group!!
So... that's about all I've got for now! We had a time last night of getting to know each other, looking ahead at the layout of the summer project, and some fun downtown with a stop at the Cheesecake Factory for dessert!! :) Can't wait to become more familiar with my way around Chicago -so much to see and experience!! So easy to get lost!! ;)
Then today we had training ALL day!! Information overload!! Good to have a better idea of the details of the summer, but.... definitely need time to process! More on that to come...
Well, I miss y'all! Pray you are feeling God's presence and love in mighty ways!
Please pray for me - specifically my emotional/mental health and stability! And that I continue to take it moment by moment and look to God to give me only what I need in that moment!
Much love!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
hey steph! i miss ya! once again (i feel like i say this everytime!), i totally hear ya and feel like i'm on the same page with the inadequacies and the "how can i get out of this" feeling! my first night in haiti was filled with overwhelmed tears and God telling me, HE'S GOT THIS! it's not mine and i won't be getting through it alone, but i will get through it with Him! anyway, so glad to see your praise from the 7th that you are 'gelling more with the team and feeling more comfortable!' that's awesome! i continue to pray for you and will try to e-mail you today too so i can go a little more in depth! just know that i love you and miss you and can't wait to TALK!! j
ReplyDelete